Yogi Bear (character)
- This article is about the character. For other uses, see Yogi Bear.
Yogi Bear in "A Wooin’ Bruin."
|Affiliation:||Boo Boo Bear|
Yogi's Treasure Hunters
|First appearance:||YB: "Yogi Bear's Big Break" (1958)|
|Played by:||Daws Butler (1958-1988)|
Greg Burson (1988-1999)
Maurice LaMarche (2001-04)
Dave Fouquette (2004)
Dan Aykroyd (2010)
Jeff Bergman (2021)
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Deathstroke/Yogi Bear Special
- Yogi Bear
- Hokey Wolf
- The Flintstones
- 3.26 "Swedish Visitors"
- Around the World in 79 Days
- 1.9 "The Argentiney Meany" (mentioned)
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies
- Yogi's Gang
- Yogi's Space Race
- Galaxy Goof-Ups
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- 1.11 "The Story Stick"
- Yo, Yogi!
- Super Secret Secret Squirrel
- 1.9 "Sirocco Mole" (no lines)
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
- 2.7B "Here Thar Be Dwarves!"
- 4.2B "Irwin Gets a Clue" (no lines)
- 5.2 "Keeper of the Reaper" (no lines)
- Duck Dodgers
- 2.3B "K9 Quarry" (stuffed trophy)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- 1.10 "Howl of the Fright Hound" (no lines)
- 1.2C "Suffragate City" (no lines)
- Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!
- Yogi's Ark Lark
- Casper's First Christmas
- Yogi's First Christmas
- Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper
- Yogi's Great Escape
- Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose
- The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound
- Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears
- Yogi Bear
- Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery (mentioned)
- Space Jam: A New Legacy
- Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration
- Yogi the Easter Bear
- The 1st 13th Annual Fancy Anvil Awards Show Program Special: Live in Stereo (no lines)
The Early Cameos
It's Yogi's Gang
Yogi's Ark Lark
Yogi's First Christmas
Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper
Casper's First Christmas
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Yogi's Great Escape
The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound
Celebrating another 50 years! 50 years of fun!
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo cameo
In the episode "The Story Stick," he conspicuously watched the kids from the background, as they entered the Indian reservation.
He later reappeared during a chase between the kids and the Totem Spirit, with the latter running into a cave, and then being chased back out by unwelcoming Yogi.
Fender Bender 500
Help from Harvey Birdman
Everyone's Back in Jellystone!
Yogi Bear Gets the CGI Treatment
Yogi Sells Out
In The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy episode "Here There Be Dwarfs," he is portrayed as a drug addict trying to steal a picnic basket from Billy. In "Irwin Gets a Clue," he's one of the Hanna Barbera characters run over by Hoss Delgado's truck.
In the Duck Dodgers episode "K9 Quarry," Yogi appears as a stuffed trophy on an alien hunter's ship.
Kellogg's Corn Flakes
New Animaniacs cameo
Into the Serverse
In the Warner Bros. Serververse in Space Jam: A New Legacy, Yogi and Boo Boo arrive at the basketball game between the Tune Squad and the Goon Squad in the Mystery Machine. Like all the other IPs, they have no particular preference and just react to whatever is happening.
Yogi in the Funny Books
Flintstones visit New York World's Fair
Scooby-Doo teams up with Yogi
- Main article: Yogi Bear (character)/Gallery
Behind the scenes
- According to a 1982 calendar, he was born on September 9th.
- He goes into hibernation on December 22nd.
In popular culture
- In the Robert Klein episode of Saturday Night Live, he imitates the general idea of a friendly cartoon bear in his monologue, and apparently chooses Yogi because he says, "Hi, Boo Boo."
- In the film The Great Outdoors, when Chet gets two bears on top of his car, he says "Yogi and Boo Boo in the flesh. I wish the hell Ranger Smith would get out here and get us home."
- In the Gilmore Girls episode "Red Light on the Wedding Night," Lorelei mentions Yogi Berra to Snookie, but Snookie is so hungover she thinks Lorelei said Yogi Bear.
- In the film Snow Dogs, Ted runs into a bear, who he tries to appeal to by saying he likes Yogi.
- In the Family Guy episode "Hell Comes to Quahog," Meg berates Peter for getting her tank confiscated, but he tells her it's not as worse as the time he did a park ranger (likely Ranger Smith) a favor by fatally stabbing Yogi with a hunter's knife and then suffocating him to get the job done faster, while Boo Boo watches helplessly. After Peter is done, he callously orders Boo Boo to tell the other bears what he just saw. Seth MacFarlane voices Yogi.
- In The Cleveland Show episode "Birth of a Salesman," Terry says he'll buy Tim the bear a whole steak if he shows him his "bear penis." Cleveland then mocks him by imitating Yogi's voice when he asks, "Is it bigger than the average bear's?"
- In the Comic Book Men episode "Wurst Episode Ever," Walt asks the staff what their official animal watchdog would be for the Stash, with Ming replying Yogi, which Walt thinks is a terrible idea because all he does is steal picnic baskets.
- In the Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015) episode "The Trouble with Fixit," after fighting a bear, Sideswipe tells Jetstorm and Slipstream they should get out of the woods before "Yogi" shows up again.
- In the 31st Treehouse of Horror segment "Into the Homer-verse" of The Simpsons, one of the many Homers features a homer named Homer-Barbera, who changes into a parody of Yogi Bear and goes "Hey Boo Boo, let's go steal a pic a nic meal!"