|Premiere date:||November 2, 2004|
John Michael Higgins
|Music composed by:||Michael Kohler|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Guitar Control" is the eleventh and final episode of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law season two, and the twentieth overall. It aired on November 2, 2004 on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. It was written by series creators, Michael Ouweleen and Erik Richter, produced by Evan W. Adler, and directed by Richard Ferguson-Hull. The Hanna-Barbera character ridiculed in this episode is Quick Draw McGraw, as well as his self-titled series.
Quick Draw is put on trial for carrying a concealed weapon--his guitar.
Quick Draw: Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty kids!
Quick Draw: Out there, guitars like this didn't encore the law, they were the law. I didn't write that, it was on some asshole's website. I.... wish I had written it.....It's a good line....They....were the law. They...were the law. Out there...they didn't enforce the law...they...were....the law. Oh, God, that's good.
In order of appearance:
- Dalton Gang
- Sebben & Sebben
- Green Day (mentioned)
- Freezoid, Zarog, & Skon
- National Guitar Association
- Rifles 'n Bullets
- Reducto's shrink gun
The music was composed by Michael Kohler.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: November 2, 2004 on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network)
Behind the scenes
- The episode title and theme of the episode is a parody on gun control, with guitars being treated as guns, and guns being treated as inoffensive items.
- Harvey's middle initial is "T," just like it was in the previous episode, "Droopy Botox."
- Phil's application form for a medal of honor says August.
- Harvey mentions the Green Day song "Time of Your Life."
- Quick Draw's line, "Get your paws off me, you damn dirty kids" is a paraphrase of Taylor/Charlton Heston's famous line, "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty apes," in the film Planet of the Apes.
- Baba Looey being killed by a guitar is a possible nod to how most gun deaths are due to guns not being safely put away.
- Ranger Smith raiding Yogi and Boo Boo's closet is a reference to the imfamous photo taken during the Ellan Gonzales case.
- Quick Draw retains his American influenced accent in the Spanish dub for this episode.
- Phil LaMarr is credited for voicing Black Vulcan, although he doesn't appear.
- The voice credits list Baba Looey as Baba Louie.
- In the United States:
- In Australia:
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland: