- This article is about the series. For other uses, see Jellystone.
|Created by:||C.H. Greenblatt|
|Production company:||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributor:||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original release:||July 29, 2021|
|Run time:||11 minutes|
|Executive producer(s):||C.H. Greenblatt|
|← Previous||Next →|
Jellystone! is an American animated comedy web television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation for the HBO Max VSOD service premiering on July 29, 2021. It is a spin-off from The Huckleberry Hound Show and The Yogi Bear Show, as well as stars from other Hanna-Barbera series.
In the town of Jellystone, Yogi & Boo Boo lead an all-star cast of classic Hanna-Barbera characters, where they will "come together to live, work and play... but, at the same time, can’t help but stir up trouble for one another." Some of whom will be Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie, Doggie Daddy, Ruff, Yakky Doodle, Shag Rugg, Jabberjaw, El Kabong, Top Cat, Captain Caveman, Cindy Bear, Mildew Wolf, Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks, Peter Potamus, Snagglepuss, Magilla Gorilla.
C.H. Greenblatt began development in February 2018, taking a year and a half to get the series approved, when it officially went into production in August 2019. It was officially announced on October 29, 2019. For the first few months, work began in the studio, although the crew was forced to work from home due to the COVID-19 lockdown. Despite not being halted, the production takes twice as long, because of direct contact in the studio being substituted with video chats and online screenings.
Characters that won't appear in the beginning, may appear later on if the series goes on long enough.
An official press release and trailer were unveiled on June 24, 2021.
Jeff Bergman was announced to be voicing Yogi, among unspecified others, in September 2020. The rest of Bergman's roles and further cast, such as Greenblatt voicing classic characters such as Boo Boo, were revealed on June 24, 2021.
Premiere dates of countries are in order of release:
- Jeff Bergman as Yogi Bear, Mr. Jinks, Wally Gator, and Lippy the Lion
- C.H. Greenblatt as Boo Boo Bear, Doggie Daddy, Peter Potamus, Benny the Ball and Grape Ape
- Grace Helbig as Cindy Bear
- Jim Conroy as Huckleberry Hound, Captain Caveman, and Pa Rugg
- Nerd Armada (March 8, 2020). "Greenblatt confirms run time". Tumblr. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Milligan, Mercedes (June 24, 2021). "Trailer: Hanna-Barbera Favorites Return in HBO Max Original ‘Jellystone!’". Animation Magazine. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- Nerd Armada (January 8, 2020). "Greenblatt confirming Jellystone is a town, not forest". Tumblr. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- HBO Max (October 29, 2020). "Twitter Announcement". Twitter. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Hipes, Patrick (October 29, 2019). "HBO Max Sets New Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Robert Zemeckis Hybrid Series ‘Tooned Out’, More For Kids & Family Slate". Deadline. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Nerd Armada (October 20, 2019). "Greenblatt began production in February 2018". Tumblr. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Zahed, Ramin (July 21, 2020). "Watch: Animation Masters Panel on ‘Creating Relevant Toons’". Animation Magazine. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Nerd Armada (January 22, 2020). "More will come if show goes longer". Tumblr. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Carr, Martin (September 8, 2020). "Exclusive Interview – Jeff Bergman on Our Cartoon President, Looney Tunes, Space Jam 2 and more". Flickering Myth. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Corus Entertainment (June 8, 2021). "Corus Entertainment Debuts Its Biggest Slate of Specialty Series Ever". Corus. Retrieved June 10, 2021.