Boo Boo Bear
- For the coloring book, see Boo Boo Bear (coloring book).
|Boo Boo Bear|
The Ranger isn't gonna like this, Yogi…
|Member of:||Yogi's Gang in Yogi's Gang|
Yogi Yahooeys in Laff-A-Lympics
Yogi's Treasure Hunters in Yogi's Treasure Hunt
L.A.F. Squad in Yo, Yogi!
|Goals:||Keeping Yogi away from getting into trouble|
|Marital status:||Single |
Married to Harvey Birdman in Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
|First appearance:||YB: "Yogi Bear's Big Break" (1958)|
|Played by:||Don Messick (1958-94)|
Tom Kenny (1997-2003)
John K. (1999)
Justin Timberlake (2010)
C.H. Greenblatt (2021)
Deathstroke/Yogi Bear Special
Boo Boo Bear is a talking anthropomorphic bear and the sidekick of Yogi Bear in the Yogi Bear animated franchise. His voice was originated by Don Messick.
Boo Boo is a bear with light brown fur and a blue bow tie. He is short in height, and has droopy eyelids that cover part of his eyes. Although he has a youthul appearance, it is not readily apparent whether Boo Boo is a juvenile bear with a vast intellect, or simply an adult who is short of stature.
Boo Boo acts as a constant companion to Yogi Bear, as well as his voice of reason. He resides in a cave on Jellystone National Park, and follows Yogi in his various exploits and schemes. He acts as his concious who constantly tries to keep him (albeit, unsuccessfully) from doing things he should not do, and also to keep Yogi from getting into trouble with Ranger Smith. One of his trademark phrases is "The Ranger isn't gonna like this, Yogi." Boo Boo is incredibly friendly and is a straight man to Yogi's more eccentric ego. He is also admired by Ranger Smith, since he sees Boo Boo as a bear who respects the park rules more than Yogi.
In the Jellystone! reboot, his personality appears to be more hyperactive.
- Yogi Bear
- The Flintstones
- 3.26 "Swedish Visitors"
- Yogi's Gang
- 1.1 "The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan"
- 1.2 "Acapulco and England"
- 1.3 "Florida and China"
- 1.4 "The Sahara Desert and Scotland"
- 1.5 "France and Australia" (no lines)
- 1.6 "Athens, Greece and the Ozarks"
- 1.7 "Italy and Kitty Hawk, North Carolina"
- 1.8 "Egypt and Sherwood Forest"
- 1.9 "Spain and the Himalayas"
- 1.10 "India and Israel" (no lines)
- 1.11 "Africa and San Francisco"
- 1.12 "The Grand Canyon and Ireland"
- 1.13 "Hawaii and Norway"
- 1.14 "North Pole and Tahiti"
- 1.15 "Arizona and Holland" (no lines)
- 1.16 "Quebec and Baghdad" (no lines)
- 2.1 "Russia and the Caribbean" (no lines)
- 2.2 "New York and Turkey" (no lines)
- 2.3 "South America and Transylvania"
- 2.4 "French Riviera and New Zealand" (no lines)
- 2.5 "New Orleans and Atlantis" (no lines)
- 2.6 "Morocco and Washington D.C."
- 2.7 "Canada and Warsaw, Poland" (no lines)
- 2.8 "Siam and the Moon"
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt
- Fender Bender 500
- Yo, Yogi!
- Super Secret Secret Squirrel
- 1.9 "Scirocco Mole" (no lines)
- Dexter's Laboratory
- 2.2b "Chubby Cheese" (animatronic robot)
- I Am Weasel
- 2.7 "I Am My Lifetime"
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- 1.4 "Death by Chocolate"
- 2.5 "Back to the Present"
- 2.6 Blackwatch Plaid (live action, no lines)
- 3.9 "Return of Birdgirl" (no lines)
- 4.7 "The Death of Harvey" (no lines)
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
- 2.7B "Here Thar Be Dwarves!"
- Duck Dodgers
- 2.3B "K9 Quarry" (stuffed trophy)
- Wacky Races
- 2.22 "Super Wacky" (painting)
- 1.2C "Suffragate City" (no lines)
- Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration
- Yogi the Easter Bear
- The 1st 13th Annual Fancy Anvil Awards Show Program Special: Live in Stereo (no lines)
- Loopy De Loop
- 1.35 "Not in Nottingham" (mentioned)
- American Cancer Society commercial
- D.A.R.E Bear Yogi
- American Melanoma Foundation commercial
- Rocket Mortgage commercial
- Geico commercial
- Yogi Bear (Dell Comics)
- Yogi Bear (Gold Key Comics)
- Yogi Bear (Charlton Comics)
- Yogi Bear (Marvel Comics)
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
- Yogi Bear D.A.R.E.
- Yogi Bear (Harvey Comics)
- Cartoon Network Presents
- #22B "Brain Food"
- Scooby-Doo! Team-Up
- #35 "Bear-ly Scared"
- Deathstroke/Yogi Bear Special
- #1A "Jellystone Dark"
The Early Cameos
It's Yogi's Gang
Yogi's Ark Lark
Yogi's First Christmas
Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper
Casper's First Christmas
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Yogi's Great Escape
The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound
Celebrating another 50 years! 50 years of fun!
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo cameo
Fender Bender 500
I'm Chubby, I'm Cheesie
At the Chubby Cheese restaurant, he's a part of Chubby Cheese's animatronic band. He plays the kazoo-like instrument.
I Am Cameo
Having become old and retired, Boo Boo now lives at the Old Cartoon Sidekicks Retirement Home.
Harvey Birdman Represents
Everyone's Back in Jellystone!
In Jellystone!, Boo Boo works as a nurse alongside Yogi and Cindy Bear at Jellystone Hospital.
Boo Boo Gets the CGI Treatment
Boo Boo Sells Out
In The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy episode "Here There Be Dwarfs," he is portrayed as a drug addict trying to steal a picnic basket from Billy. In "Irwin Gets a Clue," he's one of the Hanna Barbera characters run over by Hoss Delgado's truck.
In the Duck Dodgers episode "K9 Quarry," Boo Boo appears as a stuffed trophy on an alien hunter's ship.
Boo Boo has a non-speaking cameo in the song "Suffragette City," in the Animaniacs episode of the same name.
Kellogg's Corn Flakes
Into the Serververse
In the Warner Bros. Serververse in Space Jam: A New Legacy, Yogi and Boo Boo arrive at the basketball game between the Tune Squad and the Goon Squad in the Mystery Machine. Like all the other IPs, they have no particular preference and just react to whatever is happening.
Boo Boo in the Funny Books
Flintstones visit New York World's Fair
Scooby-Doo teams up with Yogi
Behind the scenes
- Sometimes, Yogi will refer to Boo Boo as "Boob."
- Main article: Boo Boo Bear/Gallery
In popular culture
- In an episode of the British sitcom Mind Your Language, called "No Flowers by Request," Mr. Brown mentioned (John) Logie Baird, the Scottish inventor of the television, but Ali thought he meant Yogi, who he watched the previous night, along with Yogi's friend Boo Boo.
- In the film Slumber Party Massacre, Diane's nickname for her boyfriend John is "Boo Boo."
- In The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "72 Hours," when Will tells Carton not to go to a dangerous park, Carlton assures him that he'll inform the park rangers if something happens, to which Will replies, "It's not that kind of park, Boo Boo!"
- In the Animaniacs segment "Back in Style," the Warner Siblings were loaned off to other cartoon studios, including one run by Phil and Shmoe (parodies of Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera). One of the cartoon characters that the Warners met is a spoof of Yogi Bear, named Who Who Hooey, where they mocked his cartoon's superficial dialogue and flat backgrounds. The Warner siblings interfere in the lunchbox stealing escapades of Calhourn Capybara and his impressionable young sidekick, Lew Lew, parodies of Yogi and Boo Boo.
- In the Moesha episode "All This and Turkey, Too," Moesha called Q Boo Boo Bear while speaking to him on the phone.
- In the Family Guy episode "Hell Comes to Quahog," Meg berates Peter for getting her tank confiscated, but he tells her it's not as worse as the time he did a park ranger (likely Ranger Smith) a favor by fatally stabbing Yogi with a hunter's knife and then suffocating him to get the job done faster, while Boo Boo watches helplessly. After Peter is done, he callously orders Boo Boo to tell the other bears what he just saw.
- In the Robot Chicken skit "Laff-A-Munich" segment of the episode "Ban on the Fun", he is awoken to witness Yogi's struggle to prevent the Really Rottens from getting in, but the Dread Baron manages to shoot Boo Boo to the point of his head exploding. In this skit, Victor Yerrid provided his voice.
- Pop star Justin Timberlake used to do voice impressions as a kid to get better at singing, one of them was Boo Boo. He would go on to voice the bear in the live action Yogi Bear movie.
- In the Mad episode "Life of Rhyme/Here Comes Yogi Boo Boo," there is a segment named "Here Comes Yogi Boo Boo," a parody of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo where Boo Boo plays the role of, well, Honey Boo Boo.
- In the Nickelodeon series The Loud House and The Loud House Movie, Lori's pet name for her boyfriend, Bobby, is "Booby Boo Boo Bear," or just "Boo Boo Bear."
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (American)
- November 21, 2001: A game of "Press Conference" had Colin Mochrie as Yogi announcing he killed Boo Boo. The host, Drew Carrey, points out that the audience may not like Boo Boo, as they cheered at the fact he was killed.
- January 31, 2002: A game of "Questionable Impersonations" had Brad Sherwood asking Boo Boo when Mr. Ed's wife was due, with Ryan Stiles as Mr. Ed believing that Yogi was the doctor.
- ^ Dexter's Laboratory: "Chubby Cheese," season 2, episode 7B (1997).
- ^ I Am Weasel: "I Am My Lifetime," season 2, episode 7 (1998).
- Billy & Mandy characters
- Billy & Mandy
- Birdman characters
- Cartoon Network Studios
- Dexter's Lab characters
- Dexter's Lab
- Fender Bender racers
- Flintstones (franchise)
- Flintstones characters
- I Am Weasel characters
- I Am Weasel
- L.A.F. Squad members
- Laff-A-Lympics characters
- Loopy De Loop characters
- Loopy De Loop
- Marvel Comics
- Scooby-Doo characters
- Snagglepuss characters
- Wacky Races characters
- Wacky Races
- Wally Gator characters
- Wally Gator
- Warner Bros. Animation
- Yogi Bear characters
- Yogi Bear
- Yogi Yahooeys members
- Yogi's Gang members
- Yogi's Treasure Hunters members