California is a state in the Western United States, located near the Pacific Coast. It is the third largest US state by land area (after Alaska and Texas) with 163,696 square miles (or 423,970 km²).
- Hokey Wolf
- Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har
- 1.8 "Flim Flam"
- Wacky Races
- 1.1A "See-Saw to Arkansas" (indirectly mentioned)
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies
- Super Friends
- 1.1 "The Power Pirate"
- The Addams Family
- The Scooby-Doo Show
- 1.11 "Africa and San Francisco"
- Heyyy, It's the King!
- 1.13 "Go for It, King" (mentioned)
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
- Laverne & Shirley
- 1.1 "Invasion of the Booby Hatchers" (indirectly mentioned)
- The Gary Coleman Show
- 1.2A "You Oughtta' Be in Pictures" (indirectly mentioned)
- Teen Wolf
- 1.7 "Wolf Pride" (indirectly mentioned)
- Popeye and Son
- 1.6B "Surf Movie" (indirectly mentioned)
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures
- Super Secret Secret Squirrel
- 1.11 "Doctor O."
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast
- 1.10 "Gum, Disease" (indirectly mentioned)
- 2.5 "Fire Drill" (indirectly mentioned)
- 2.6 "Sleeper" (mentioned)
- 3.11 "Jacksonville" (indirectly mentioned)
- 3.12 "Late Show" (indirectly mentioned)
- 4.8 "Zorak" (mentioned)
- 4.10 "Mayonnaise" (indirectly mentioned)
- 4.15 "Pavement" (indirectly mentioned)
- 5.2 "Toast" (indirectly mentioned)
- 5.7 "Rio Ghosto" (indirectly mentioned)
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- 1.1 "There's No Creature Like Snow Creature" (indirectly mentioned)
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Mike Tyson Mysteries
- Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
- 1.2 "ShareBear" (indirectly mentioned)
- Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park
- Scooby Goes Hollywood
- The Dreamer of Oz
- Big Top Scooby-Doo! (indirectly mentioned)
- Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon
- Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright (indirectly mentioned)
- Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob
The region of what is now California was first settled by various indigenous tribes. It was explored by Europeans in the 16th to 17th century, and led to colonization by the Spanish Empire. In 1804, it was in the Alta California province within the Viceroyalty of New Spain. The area became a part of Mexico in 1821, following its successful war for independence, but was ceded to the United States in 1848 after the Mexican–American War. The California Gold Rush, which lasted from 1848 to 1855, led to dramatic social and demographic changes in the area, including large-scale immigration, a worldwide economic boom, and a genocide of many indigenous people; the last of which was formally apologized by California's governer in 2019. The western portion of Alta California was then admitted as the 31st state two years later, following the Compromise of 1850.
Since California was originally a part of Mexico, the state is largely populated with Mexican people and their culture. In addition to its highly dense and diverse population, it is also the home of many attractions and landmarks, including Hollywood, Disneyland, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Griffith Observatory.
Behind the scenes
- Hanna-Barbera produced all their cartoons in this state. The former studio was repurposed as real estate, minus the main studio, which is being preserved.
- The pilot of ...Where's Rodney? was filmed at Hollywood Center Studios in Hollywood, California.