The Phantom, the Talking Dog and the Hot Hot Hot Sauce!
|The Phantom, the Talking Dog and the Hot Hot Hot Sauce!|
|Premiere date:||October 1, 2020|
|Music composed by:||Peter Bateman and Sunna Wehrmeijer|
|← Previous||Next →|
"The Phantom, the Talking Dog, and the Hot Hot Hot Sauce!" is the first episode of Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? season two, and the twenty-seventh overall. It aired on October 1, 2020 on Boomerang's SVOD service. It was written by Thomas Krawjewski, produced by series creator, Chris Bailey, and directed by Frank Paur.
Daphne takes the gang to her meet her unlikely celebrity bestie, Kacey Musgraves, who's directing a play in Nashville.
Velma: Jinkies! It's...
Mystery Inc.: Famous country music star, Kacey Musgraves!
John: And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids, and country music sensation, Kacey Musgraves!
In order of appearance:
- John's insurance card
- The Mystery Machine
- Captain Taggert's riverboat
It was copyrighted in 2019.
The theme song, entitled "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?", was written by Chris Bailey, and performed by David Poe. It was produced by Vivek Maddala. The score was composed by Peter Bateman and Sunna Wehrmeijer.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: October 1, 2020 on the Boomerang video subscription on-demand service
- Canada: October 18, 2020 on Teletoon
- Australia: October 24, 2020 on Boomerang
- United Kingdom & Ireland: October 26, 2020 on Boomerang
- Germany: October 27, 2020 on Boomerang
Behind the scenes
- With every episode's title card, one of the gang announces the guest star, which is Daphne this time.
- Velma says "Jinkies" twice.
- Fred says "Hold the phone" twice.
- Shaggy says "Zoinks" once.
- Daphne says "Jeepers" once.
- Daphne and Fred's disguises on the riverboat were inspired by the respective outfits of Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve's characters in the film Somewhere in Time.
- The cameo of Mammoth Studios is a reference to "The Dreaded Remake of Jekyll & Hyde", which itself is a sequel to The New Scooby-Doo Movies episode "Sandy Duncan's Jekyll and Hyde."
- We're giving a rare opportunity of seeing Velma eat.
- Kacey calls Mystery Inc. "kooky kids," as if that isn't the least bit insulting.
- There is a Tennessee colony in Texas, but Mystery Inc. is in Nashville, which is in the state of Tennessee, yet they and everyone else seem to treat Tennessee as if it's a part of Texas.
- Fred says Tallis Taggert Auditorium, while Daphne has to one up Fred by saying Tallis Taggert Country Auditorium, while the building simply reads "TAGGERT."
- The ghost of Taggert is called "Phantom" in the credits, although it's mistakingly spelled "Phanton."
- In the credits, John Lupointe is called Perry John Lupointe, despite nobody calling him that.
In other languages
- Lee, Tracy Mark (January 7, 2020). "Daphne and Fred a la "Somewhere in Time". Much of the character design work in Scooby Doo is re-dress of the main characters for gags. This redress called for Victorian attire. I kind of cheated and dressed Fred and Daphne as Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve from one of my favorite 80's flicks.". Instagram. Retrieved May 2, 2021.