Harvey Birdman: Attorney General
|Harvey Birdman: Attorney General|
|Production company:||Awesome Inc.|
Warner Bros. Television
|Release date:||October 15, 2018|
|Executive producer(s):||Michael Ouweleen|
Evan W Adler
|Screenplay by:||Michael Ouweleen and Erik Richter|
Harvey Birdman: Attorney General is a 2018 television special based on the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law TV series, which ran from 2000-2007. It aired on October 15, 2018, on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. It was written by Michael Ouweleen and Erik Richter, and directed by Richard Ferguson-Hull. The main reason behind this special was to ridicule the concurrent infamous American presidency of 45th Donald Trump.
The presumed deceased Harvey is back and living a new life of leisure from the hard work of being both attorney and superhero. But when his old boss, Phil, has suddenly become the most powerful man in the free world, he in turn is appointed the new Attorney General to take him down before he destroys it.
Phil: Peter Potamus. Phil Ken Sebben.
Potamus: Mr. President! What an honor!
Phil: Listen. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in bringing your brand of populist, shadily financed wisdom here to D.C., to join my administration?
Potamus: Can I still speak truth to power, except when truth becomes inconvenient to power?
Phil: You gotta impeach me!
Potamus: We're waiting.
Harvey: I'll... take the case?
Mentok: You were dead, hit by a bus! I swooped in, mind-broke you, and repaired your body here in the lab. And, while I was at it, used you as an external hard drive for my extensive airport-thriller audiobook collection. You were the first Mindbreaker, the prototype, which is why I named you... Adam.
Harvey: But my name's Harvey.
Mentok: I call you Adam.
In order of appearance:
- United States Department of Justice
- Mystery Inc.
- Barnes & Noble
- Blue Origin
- Sebben and Sebben
- UPS (mentioned)
- YouTube (mentioned)
- United States
- Washington, D.C.
- KHPO station
- Harvey's cabin
- Peters Mountain
- New York
- China (mentioned)
- The Moon
- A Matter of Wife and Death
- Final Approach
- Violent, Deadly People
- Full Upright and Dead
- Fight Attendant
- Hit or Missile
- Cross Death and All Fall
- Terror on the Tarmac
- Peanuts, Pretzels, or Death
- Scare Pocket
- Approved for Bump Off
- One Personal Item
- Dial MTA for Murder
- Overheadless Compartment
- Cleared for Stabbing
- Ice or No Ice?
- Fright Train
- Full Scream Ahead
- Die Priority
- Connecting Fright
- Frequent Diet
- The Slayover
- The Terminal Station
- Fright Plan
- Greyhound of the Baskevilles
- Exit of Fear
- Violent Deadly Peep Hole
- Holy Crap, They're Dead
- Reducto's shrink gun
- Deidre (voiced by Grey Griffin)
- Lucky mug
- Juicealux 3000
- Peter Potamus's hot air balloon
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: October 12, 2018 on the Adult Swim website; October 15, 2018 on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network)
- United Kingdom & Ireland: October 29, 2019 on E4
Behind the scenes
- The theme song begins at 7:38.
- Deidre is a parody of Amazon's Echo.
- Barnes & Noble is a real book store.
- The Barnes & Noble manager was previously on the jury of Harvey's cases.
- The inaugurpeachment invitation gives Phil's full name as Philippian Kenneth Sebben.
- When Mentok said he "swooped" in to save Harvey, a photo shows him dressed like Mary Poppins.
- Despite clearly having a prominent role, Colbert isn't credited with a starring role like in the series, but as a special guest star.
- 1964 and roughly 1978 are given as the birth dates for Potamus and Birdgirl.
- Birdgirl is still trying to hide her identity from her father, despite the fact he found out in "The Death of Harvey".
- Reducto's resurrection is unexplained.
- In the Birdgirl episodes "Pilot" and "Thirdgirl," there are photos of Birdgirl's time at the White House in Judy's apartment. There's also a photo in the Sebben & Sebben conference room in "Baltimo."
- This is available to watch on the US geo-restricted (via paid subscription): HBO Max. It's counted as the last episode of season four of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.
- This is free to watch on the UK geo-restricted All 4 website.