|Father:||Professor Utonium, creator and adopter|
|Sibling(s):||Two triplet sisters, Blossom and Buttercup|
|First appearance:||WAC: "Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins" (1996)|
|Played by:||Kath Soucie (1996)|
Tara Strong (1998-2014)
Maryke Hendrikse (2008-09)
Kristen Li (2016-19)
Dove Cameron (2021)
Cartoon Network Studios update.
The Powerpuff Girls
Bubbles Utonium, better known mononymously as just Bubbles, is a child superhero and one of the three titular characters in the Powerpuff Girls animated franchise. Her voice was originated by Kath Soucie, although it is better remembered by her successor, Tara Strong.
She is the leader of the Powerpuff Girls, which also includes her other fraternal triplet sisters, Blossom and Buttercup. Together, they live with their father, Professor Utonium, in the city of Townsville, which they have become the official protectors of.
Professor Utonium, being a scientist, actually created the girls--albeit accidentally--when trying to create the perfect little girl, which he somehow thought stirring a pot of "sugar, spice, and everything nice" would create one. He then accidentally added the extra ingredient of Chemical X, which created three little girls around the age of three to five year olds, who have special powers such as being able to fly, have super strength, and can shoot lasers from their eyes
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You Now! (no lines)
- Come and Learn with Pibby! (no lines)
The Joy and the Laughter
Bubbles Sells Out
In The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episode "The Grim Adventures of KND," when the Kids Next Door arrives, Billy exclaims, "Hey! You're not the Powerpuff Girls!" Later in the episode, Bubbles and her sisters are some of the characters who exploded out of the Delightful Reaper.
In the Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa crossover episode "Say Uncle," Bubbles is one of the names on Uncle Grandpa's list.
In popular culture
- In the Drawn Together episode "Foxxy vs the Board of Education," a pregnant Bubbles is in the waiting room.
- In the 2022 Disney+ film Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, a bootleg version of Bubbles is saved.
- Main article: Robot Chicken
- "Celebrity Rocket:" During a three-second channel flip, Professor Utonium (voiced by Abe Benrubi), who's spiraled on the floor of his lab, comments to the Powerpuff Girls, "All thanks to stem cell research," with the girls (voiced by Green) either cheekily or sinisterly replying, "Uh huh."
- "I Love Her:" in the segment "Perfect Little Girls Who Flip The F&%$ Out," while creating the Powerpuff Girls, Professor Utonium adds cocaine to the recipe, causing the girls to go crazy and ravage the town.
- "May Cause a Squeakquel:" Mojo Jojo is thrown into jail when the Powerpuff Girls realize that the town's judicial system is unfair and doesn't rehabilitate its criminals and so they break into the mayor's office and beat him up.
- Main article: MAD
- "WWe Bought a ZOO/2 Broke Powerpuff Girls": During "2 Broke Powerpuff Girls," Bubbles and Buttercup are left broke and jobless in their apartment after being fired from their job as waitresses. They turn to Blossom for help and she employs them to work for her company which owns a restaurant, leaving them at square one again. Tara Strong reprises Bubbles for this skit.
- "Taking Nemo/Once Upon a Toon": During "Once Upon a Toon," Samurai Jack trims a bush in the shape of the Powerpuff Girls.