Leave us not be hasty, Blab!
Female in Jellystone!
|Member of:||Yogi's Gang in Yogi's Gang|
Yogi Yahooeys in Laff-A-Lympics
Yogi's Treasure Hunters in Yogi's Treasure Hunt
|Occupation:||Private eye detective|
|Works for:||Super Snooper Detective Agency|
|First appearance:||S&B: "Baby Rattled" (1959)|
|Played by:||Daws Butler (1959-85)|
John Stephenson (1989)
Rob Paulsen (1991-93)
Georgie Kidder (2021)
Deathstroke/Yogi Bear Special
Super Snooper, also known simply as just Snooper, is an anthropomorphic detective cat and the main protagonist in the Snooper and Blabber animated television shorts. He has a partner named Blabber Mouse, and works for the Super Snooper Detective Agency. He is also the straight man of the pair, acting more or less the one in command to the various oddball cases they are into. Snooper's voice was originated by Daws Butler.
Snooper is a brown bipedal cat with a peach-colored snout and black nose. he wears a white trench coat, and a green deerstalker hat with a crosshatch pattern.
He is a hard-boiled private detective, and is usually accompanied by his innocent partner Blabber Mouse in many of their cases. He is characterized as having a "tough guy" personality, speaking in Brooklyn accent and showing no signs of behavior beyond his mild-mannered qualities. Despite his sophisticated experience, however, Snooper isn't always super smart and would sometimes be the victim of circumstance due to his convoluted strategies not working as intended, or Blabber failing to do his instructions. Although Snooper would usually show mild annoyance towards these mishaps, Blabber idolizes him and never sees a fault in whatever he does. Snooper also has a habit of mispronouncing multisyllabic words, and in addition, has the occasional habit of making sarcastic asides.
While Snooper and Blabber are respectively a cat and mouse duo, they are otherwise working partners and do not at all exemplify an antagonism typical in cats and mice.
- Snooper and Blabber
- 1.1 "Major Operation" (mentioned)
- Yogi's Gang (intro)
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt
- Yo, Yogi!
- 1.13 "The Big Snoop"
- Super Secret Secret Squirrel
- 1.8 "Agent Penny"
- Wacky Races
- 2.11 "The Wacky Always Races Twice" (no lines)
- 1.4 "Velma Makes the List" (mentioned)
Yogi's Birthday Party
Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound
Super Secret Secret Squirrel
In the episode "Agent Penny", he gets bored of Secret telling him about his adventures and makes an excuse to leave. Secret attempts to convince him and Blabber to stay fpr a game of Canasta but to no avail.
Everyone's Back in Jellystone!
Snooper in the Funny Books
Flintstones visit New York World's Fair
Cartoon Network Presents
- Main article: Super Snooper/Gallery
Behind the scenes
- In the Spanish dub of Snooper and Blabber, Snooper was renamed Super Fisgón.
- For Jellystone, Fisgón was renamed to Fisgóna.
In popular culture
- In the Robot Chicken skit "Laff-A-Munich" segment of the episode "Ban on the Fun," he is seen alongside Blabber questioning the Great Fondoo about the murders of the Yogi Yahooeys, after they killed Fondoo for not answering their question, they didn't appear on screen again, leaving their fate unknown.
- Bahir Browsh, Jared (December 26, 2021). Hanna-Barbera: A History, page 47. McFarland Books. Retrieved March 27, 2023
- Evanier, Mark (Febuary 9, 2001). "Point of View: Daws Butler Part 2" (originally published of Comics Buyer's Guide. News From Me. Retrieved August 15, 2023.