|Premiere date:||February 2, 1996|
|Music composed by:||Sony Sharrock|
|Animation directors:||C. Martin Croker|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Explode" is the first episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast season three, and the nineteenth overall. It aired on February 2, 1996 on Cartoon Network. It was written by Nell Scovell and Joel Hodgson.
Lokar tries to persuade Moltar to defect to his talk show, while Space Ghost interviews Monty Pythonite Terry Jones, and the musician, Glen Phillips, who Space Ghost can't get away from quickly enough.
Lokar: Oh, look, it's Captain Cliché.
Space Ghost: Where?
Lokar: You, you fool.
In order of appearance:
- The Original Way Outs
- Monty Python (mentioned)
- Toad the Wet Sprocket (mentioned)
- British royal family (mentioned)
- Ghost Planet
- Power bands
It was copyrighted in 1996.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: February 2, 1996 on Cartoon Network
Behind the scenes
- Ultraseven, a character in the Ultraman series, is Moltar's agent.
- There is a new design for the end credits where they are all put on one page.
- Over the Cartoon Network logo during the end credits, the repeated line, is of Space Ghost making noises with his hand.
- After the end credits, a British announcer tells the audience that next on Cartoon Network, Ghost Planet will explode which it does. The screen shows Ghost Planet and Cartoon Network's name in the style of the BBC logo at the time. This is not included in the DVD release.
- This episode was mentioned in the Veronica Mars episode "There's Got to Be a Morning After Pill." Rob Thomas, the creator of Veronica Mars, wrote this episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
In other languages
- In the United States:
- In Australia: