The Little Man
|The Little Man|
|Premiere date:||January 13, 1963|
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
|← Previous||Next →|
"The Little Man" is the sixteenth episode of The Jetsons season one. It aired on January 13, 1963 on ABC. It was written by Tony Benedict, and produced and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, the creators of the series and the founders of Hanna-Barbera Productions.
George accidentally goes through the Minavac, which shrinks him down to six inches high. The only way he can return to regular size, is by stealing a cog from Cogswell Cogs.
In order of appearance:
- Flying cars
When The Jetsons originally aired, no title cards were present. They were only added when the series was revived in 1985, and the original episodes were given title cards for consistency when they were all packaged together for The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. Notably, they all include Orbitty, who wasn't in the original series.
The music was composed and conducted by Hoyt Curtin.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: January 13, 1963 on ABC
Behind the scenes
- This episode establishes that Spacely and Cogswell have more than just a simple rivalry, they buy each other's main products off each other.
- This is the first time Officer Oranium's name has been used and his hair has been seen.
In other languages
|Japanese||パパ 受難の日||Daddy's Day of Suffering|
- In the United States:
- May 11, 2004: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete First Season on DVD.
- May 23, 2017: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete First Season (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- September 10, 2019: Warner Archive Collection releases The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series on Blu-ray Disc.
- October 13, 2020: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- June 21, 2022: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series on DVD.