Jane's Driving Lesson
|Jane's Driving Lesson|
|Premiere date:||January 27, 1963|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Jane's Driving Lesson" is the eighteenth episode of The Jetsons season one. It aired on January 27, 1963 on ABC. It was written by Dalton Sandifer, and produced and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, the creators of the series and the founders of Hanna-Barbera Productions.
Jane goes for driving lessons to get a second car and ends up with Knuckles Nuclear as her driving instructor.
In order of appearance:
- Flying cars
When The Jetsons originally aired, no title cards were present. They were only added when the series was revived in 1985, and the original episodes were given title cards for consistency when they were all packaged together for The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. Notably, they all include Orbitty, who wasn't in the original series.
The music was composed and conducted by Hoyt Curtin.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: January 27, 1963 on ABC
Behind the scenes
- Driving learner's permit can be given at eight years old.
- The judge says George slammed into his car, but the car resembles the one Jane was driving from the Aero-Space Driving School.
- Both the officers in the car following Jane refer to each as O'Jetski.
In other languages
|Japanese||ママは練習中||Mom is Practicing|
- In the United States:
- May 11, 2004: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete First Season on DVD.
- May 23, 2017: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete First Season (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- September 10, 2019: Warner Archive Collection releases The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series on Blu-ray Disc.
- October 13, 2020: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- June 21, 2022: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series on DVD.