Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs
|Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs|
On-screen title card.
|Created by:||Mark Marek|
|Production company:||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributor:||Warner Bros. Television|
|Run time:||11 minutes|
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Executive producer(s):||Sam Register|
|Music composed by:||Alessandro Tabora|
|← Previous||Next →|
Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs is an American animated TV sitcom produced by Warner Bros. Animation for the Boomerang's SVOD service, although this never came to fruition, because Boomerang had no convictions towards the negative reactions from the animation community based on one episode that was leaked. It did however air in Europe during 2020, and eventually, after a year-long delay in Canada, the first few episodes aired on Teletoon during the fall of 2020, until all their attention moved onto the Animaniacs revival for not only first-run showings, but also repeated viewings. It is the sixth Flintstones series after The Flintstones.
The canned laugh track has made a comeback, but is employed at completely random times (just like Sports Night). There is also a Hanna-Barbera logo at the end, despite the fact it's still a defunct studio.
The series is about Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, along with pet, Dino, who venture into the unexplored Crags outside of Bedrock, where new dinosaurs are waiting to be discovered and potentially harassed by the scientifically curious Pebbles and meat-headed Bamm-Bamm.
This is the second series after Cave Kids to star Pebbles, Bamm-Bamm, and Dino, although unlike that series, the parents are included, who now barely read like their original counterparts, so, pros and cons.
In early 2016, character designer Chris Battle was one of the artists tasked with creating a new series called Yabba-Dabba Dinosaurs!, about a much younger Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, which came close to being made into a pilot, before being put on hold.
On December 12, 2018, Will Terrell an artist on Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, another Warner Bros. Animation-produced series, announced that his series, Wacky Races, and Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs had been canceled. Joe Apel, who worked as an artist on Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, confirmed this abrupt cancellation since the series was intended for two seasons. All the storyboard artists had been laid off that same month.
Two other Caveman/Oomf episodes had been written, where he would travel to Bedrock, and then join a circus gaining the moniker of Captain Caveman.
|"Mistaking Sides"||1x01||February 3, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Rock Me, Plantasaurus"||1x02||February 3, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Yabba-Dabba-Dabba-Kamma-Kamma-Chameleon"||1x03||February 4, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Treehouse Blues"||1x04||February 5, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Yabba Dabba Don't"||1x05||February 6, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Alien vs. Pebbles"||1x06||February 7, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Gonna Fly Now"||1x07||February 10, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"The Grass is Always Dinner"||1x08||February 11, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Dawn of the Disposals"||1x09||March 8, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Agony Alley"||1x10||February 12, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Dino Holds Barred"||1x11||February 13, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"The Spirit of Frostnos"||1x12||February 14, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Invasion of the Trendsetters"||1x13||February 17, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"Bammnesia"||1x14||February 18, 2020 (UK & Ireland)|
|"The Rocks and the Rolliest"||1x15||March 21, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Dino Whisperer"||1x16||March 22, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Dinosaurs with Angel Faces"||1x17||March 22, 2020 (Poland)|
|"The Puddle Sitters Club"||1x18||March 28, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Doppel Dino"||1x19||March 28, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Pave Crag-adise"||1x20||March 29, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Art Attack"||1x21||March 29, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Over My Shed Body"||1x22||April 4, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Goo-rillas in the Mist"||1x23||April 4, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Woman from the Future"||1x24||April 5, 2020 (Poland)|
|"Caveman Begins"||1x25||April 5, 2020 (Poland)|
|"The Point of a Friend"||1x26||April 11, 2020 (Poland)|
One of the unproduced episodes was called "The Bedrock Beast," possibly about Captain Caveman.
- Jessica DiCicco as Pebbles Flintstone
- Ely Henry as Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Eric Bauza as Dino
- Jeff Bergman as Fred Flintstone
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Barney Rubble
- Tress MacNeille as Wilma Flintstone
- Grey Griffin as Betty Rubble and Wiky
- Battle, Chris (February 5, 2020). "In early 2016, I was one of several artists asked to take a shot at designing a new Flintstones show about young Pebbles & Bamm Bamm that was in development at WB. A fun assignment (done between seasons of TTG), and it almost went to pilot, but the project stalled and I figured that was the end of that. Little did I know that almost 2 years later there’d be more work to do…". Instagram. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Terrell, Will (December 12, 2018). "Sadly, three shows at Warner Bros. were canceled this week, including mine.". Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Terrell, Will (December 12, 2018). "Not that I know of. The 3 shows that I know were canceled were all the Boomerang App Exclusive shows. Wacky Races, Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, and Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, which I was on.". Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Apel, Joe (January 2019). "Our crew on Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs found out a week before Christmas that our show, which was intended for 2 seasons, is being abruptly cut short and we're only producing one season of the show.". Instagram. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Clemmons, Steve (March 22, 2021). In response to @HBgrifkuba: "Yes! We wrote a 3 episode arc but the 2nd and 3rd scripts were never produced. One was about Oomf going to Bedrock and the other was about him joining a circus where he's given the moniker Captain Caveman. We had no plans for his story beyond that though.". Twitter. Retrieved March 22, 2021.
- Ford, Joan (March 31, 2020). "Happy #TransDayOfVisibility! This is Shaley! A character I created for Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs. She's a 10 year old, action star wannabe and she's trans! I think she's the first LGTBQ character to appear in a Flintstones show. (There have already been some in the comics).". Twitter. Retrieved March 15, 2021.
- Grunert, Dick (March 23, 2021). "“The Bedrock Beast” was my favorite script to write. It kills me it never got made.". Twitter. Retrieved May 11, 2021.