The Wrong Stuff
|The Wrong Stuff|
|Premiere date:||November 5, 1985|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
|Writers:||Barry E. Blitzer|
|Directors:||Gordon Hunt (voices)|
|← Previous||Next →|
'"The Wrong Stuff" is the twenty-ninth episode of The Jetsons season two, and the fifty-first overall. It aired on November 5, 1985 in syndicated markets that featured The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera programming blocks. It was written by Barry E. Blitzer, and directed by Art Davis, Oscar Dufau, Carl Urbano, Rudy Zamora, Alan Zaslove, and Gordon Hunt.
Elroy becomes a celebrity after he and Astro accidentally board a rocket, which is programmed to land back to Earth in five years. However, due to interference with a black hole, they return quicker than expected, with some surprising results.
In order of appearance:
- Jupiter (mentioned)
- Saturn (mentioned)
- Flying cars
The music was composed and conducted by Hoyt Curtin.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: November 5, 1985 in syndication
Behind the scenes
- Elroy turns nine in this episode.
- George breaks the fourth wall at the end of the episode, telling the audience that they save Elroy and Astro just in time.
In other languages
- In the United States:
- June 2, 2009: Warner Archive Collection releases The Jetsons: Season 2, Volume 1 on DVD.
- October 13, 2020: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- June 21, 2022: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series on DVD.