The High School Wolfman's Musical Lament!
|The High School Wolfman's Musical Lament!|
|Premiere date:||July 2, 2020|
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Music composed by:||Steven Morrell|
Collette Sunderman (voices)
|← Previous||Next →|
"The High School Wolfman's Musical Lament!" is the twenty-fifth episode of Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? season one. It aired on July 2, 2020 on Boomerang's SVOD service. It was written by Michael Ryan, produced by series creator, Chris Bailey, directed by Mike Milo, and voice directed by Collette Sunderman.
Christian Slater gets a second chance at the senior prom he never had, but it may be doomed all over again when the wolfman strikes again. You also get to hear Christian Slater sing, and not well.
Velma: Jinkies! It's...
Mystery Inc.: Famous actor, Christian Slater!
Christian: I love hearing a dog talk, and you know I don't mean Scrappy.
Christian: And I would have gotten away with it, if it was the last thing I did, I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids! Meddling kids! Meddling kids! You beautiful meddling kids!
In order of appearance:
- The Moon
It was copyrighted in 2019.
The theme song, entitled "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?," was written by Chris Bailey, and performed by David Poe. It was produced by Vivek Maddala. The episode's main music was composed by Steven Morrell.
Dates are in order of release:
- Australia: June 9, 2020 on Boomerang
- United States: July 2, 2020 on the Boomerang video subscription on-demand service
- Canada: August 23, 2020 on Teletoon
- United Kingdom and Ireland: October 8, 2020 on Boomerang
Behind the scenes
- The episode title is a play on the Disney Channel film High School Musical.
- With every episode's title card, one of the gang announces the guest star, which is Fred this time.
- The episode is a parody of an 80s teen musical, although Slater played a wolfman in a 1991 sketch on Saturday Night Live.
- Velma says "Jinkies" once.
- Shaggy failed 3rd grade five times.
- Christian graduated "a while ago." How many years does he think "a while ago" is?
- Mystery Inc. wants Christian to spill his guts out to them as if they hadn't just met a few seconds ago.
- Despite being chosen for a musical episode, Christian literally can't sing, and the main cast can't exactly hold a tune to each song either. Despite Grey and Kate being accomplished singers. Oh, snap!
- Despite the Headless Horseman wearing the clothes of the Headless Horseman, he is called the Headless Specter, the disguise of Penrod Stillwall, from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode "Haunted House Hang-Up."
- Simone couldn't have been at the same high school as Christian (born 1969), as she had already been depicted as going to middle school with Kenan Thompson (born 1978) in "Quit Clowning!"
- Although Christian looks younger in the photo of him as a teenager, he looks exactly the same in the flashback, although this may have been intentional to have the present-day Christian be dancing in his own flashback.
- When Scooby sings at the end, you can hear Frank Welker's own voice coming through.
- On Velma's piece of paper it's Tommy Toms, while in the credits, it's Tommy Thoms.
- Also on Velma's piece of paper, she lists a jazz teacher as a suspect, and the credits have Kevin Michael Richardson voicing a jazz teacher, yet there is no jazz teacher to be seen nor heard.
In other languages
- In the United States:
- January 19, 2021: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: The Complete First Season on DVD.
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland:
- May 31, 2021: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: The Complete First Season on DVD.