Shazzan (TV series)
- For the titular character, see Shazzan. For the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode, see Shazzan (episode).
On-screen title card.
|Created by:||Alex Toth|
|Original release:||September 9, 1967—January 20, 1968|
|Run time:||22 minutes|
Lewis A. Marshall
|Music composed by:||Ted Nichols|
|Animation director(s):||Charles A. Nichols|
Shazzan is an American animated supernatural action/adventure television series produced by Hanna-Barbera (H-B) for CBS' Saturday morning children's programming. It ran from 1967 to 1968, airing 18 episodes that spanned one season.
Off the coast of Maine, Chuck and Nancy discover two halves of an ancient ring inside a mysterious chest. When putting them together they are transported to the "fabled land of the Arabian Nights" where they meet the omnipotent genie, Shazzan, who can grant them any wishes, except for sending them back home. He can only perform that request once they return the ring to its rightful owner.
The entire series has been released on DVD.
The music was composed by Hoyt Curtin.
These identical credits appeared at the end of every episode.
- Produced and Directed by: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Associate Producer: Lewis A. Marshall
- Story: Sloan Nibley, Walter Black, William Lutz
- Story Supervision: Tom Dagenais
- Voices: Barney Phillips, Don Messick, Janet Waldo, Jerry Dexter
- Musical Director: Ted Nichols
- Production Supervisor: Howard Hanson
- Animation Director: Charles A. Nichols
- Assistant Production Supervisor: Victor O. Schipek
- Character Design: Alex Toth
- Layouts: Homer Jonas, Burt Freund, Mo Gollub, Walt Clinton
- Animation: Hugh Fraser, Hicks Lokey, Joan Orbison, Bernard Posner, Carlo Vinci, Bob Carr, S.C. Onaitis
- Technical Supervision: Frank Paiker
- Backgrounds: Fernando Arce, Sheila Brown, Sandra Loughry, Phil Lewis, Patricia Frye
- Camera: Dick Blundell, John Aardal, Roy Wade, John Pratt
- Supervising Film Editor: Warner Leighton
- Film Editing: Larry Cowan, Dan Finnerty, Tony Milch
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson, Bill Getty
|Title||Number||Original air date|
|Space Ghost: "The Final Encounter"||1||September 16, 1967|
|Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law: "Shazzan"||2||October 1, 2006|