Revenge of the Man Crab
|Revenge of the Man Crab|
Mystery Inc. are chased by a man-crab, or crab man.
|Premiere date:||August 2, 2010|
Vivica A. Fox
|Music composed by:||Robert Kral|
|Storyboard artists:||Aluir Amancio|
Collette Sunderman (voices)
|Animation directors:||Yu Seungyul|
|Art directors:||Dan Krall|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Revenge of the Man Crab" is the fourth episode of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated season one. It aired on August 2, 2010 on Cartoon Network. It was written by Adam Beechen, directed by Curt Geda, and voice directed by Collette Sunderman.
A huge crab-like man kidnaps Daphne while at a volleyball tournament, causing distress in Fred that he never felt before.
In order of appearance:
- Mystery Incorporated
- Crystal Cove City Council (mentioned)
- Crystal Cove Police Department
- Old Mystery Incorporated (photo)
- The Moon
It was copyrighted in 2010.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: August 2, 2010 on Cartoon Network
- United Kingdom & Ireland: October 27, 2010 on Boomerang
Behind the scenes
- The episode is a parody of the film Jaws, specifically the way Peter Trickell keeps his volleyball tournament going despite the Man-Crab's presence, just like how Mayor Vaughn keeps the beach open despite a shark in the area.
- The teenage couple from the beginning of the episode is a parody of Dylan McKay and Brenda Walsh from the early years of the FOX teen drama Beverly Hills, 90210.
- Starting from the scene where Bud advertises Trickell's Triquid, there are teenage incarnations of Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm from the TV series The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show.
- Daphne's mysterious fifth sister, who goes unnamed and whose career is being an astronaut, makes her only appearance in this episode. Interestingly, Mitch Watson referred to her as if she had relevance at the San Diego Comic Con International 2010.
- This begins a two-episode arc of Velma trying to change Shaggy. In this episode, it's eating healthy, then in the next episode, "The Song of Mystery", Velma wants to make him more fashionable.
- Four episodes in, and there's finally a female deputy.
- Scooby doesn't do a real imitation of the Man Crab, as he would've done in previous series.
- Velma says "Jinkies" once.
- Shaggy says "Zoinks" once.
- How did Bud and Peter go from both being young boys in their photo together to Peter being middle-aged in the present, while Bud remains unchanged?
Marketing and promotion
The episode inspired the fourth stage of Cartoon Network to update their online game, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Crystal Cove Online, which was updated at the time of the episode's release.
In other languages
|French||L'Attaque du Crabe Géant||Attack of the Giant Crab|
|Greek||Η Εκδίκηση του Καβουράνθρωπου (Star Channel)
Η Εκδίκηση του Ανθρώπου Καβούρι (Boomerang)
|The Revenge of the Crabman (Star Channel)|
The Revenge of the Man Crab (Boomerang)
|Hungarian||A Rákember bosszúja||Revenge of the Man Crab|
|Italian||II Mostro Della Sabbia||The Monster of the Sand|
|Polish||Zemsta Kraboluda||Revenge Krab|
|Portuguese||A Vingança do Homen-siri||Revenge of the Man Crab|
|Spanish||La Venganza del Hombre Cangrejo||Revenge of the Man Crab|
- In the United States:
- January 25, 2011: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 1 on DVD.
- October 8, 2013: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 on DVD.
- In the United Kingdom & Ireland:
- August 29, 2011: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Volume One on DVD.
- In Australia:
- September 7, 2011: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 1 on DVD.