From Hanna-Barbera WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Thing stops the Yancy Street Gang in their tracks.
|Premiere date:||September 15, 1979|
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
|← Previous||Next →|
Benjy and Kelly want to turn the Yancy Street Gang's junkyard into a playground against the latter's wishes.
In order of appearance:
- Benjy's rings
- Ronald's car
- Yancy Street Gang's motorcycles
- Ronald's tractor
The score was composed by Hoyt Curtin.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: September 15, 1979 on NBC
Behind the scenes
- Benjy doesn't transform until over four minutes in the episode, the longest time yet.
- Betty said "Jeepers," which is usually Daphne Blake's catchphrase in Scooby-Doo cartoons.
- When Kelly first talks about the playground, there is a plain field behind the Yancy Street Gang, but when it cuts up close to them, there are buildings all around them including Eva's Cafe.
- When Benjy and Kelly walk away from the Yancy Street Gang after the former pair are first dismissed, they walk past another building with the Eva's Cafe sign now on the window.
- This whole episode is made moot in "The Thing and the Queen," when the park goes back to being a junkyard again.
In other languages
- Warner Bros. owns the show, while Disney owns the characters, making it difficult to release this episode onto DVD.