|Premiere date:||November 27, 1985|
Jean Vander Pyl
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
|Directors:||Gordon Hunt (voices)|
|← Previous||Next →|
'"Judy's Elopement" is the thirty-ninth episode of The Jetsons season two, and the sixty-first overall. It aired on November 27, 1985 in syndicated markets that featured The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera programming blocks. It was written by Jeff Hall, and voice directed by Gordon Hunt.
Due to gossip from Rosie, George believes Judy is eloping with Sam Spacely, Mr. Spacely's inept nephew. But she is really helping Sam secretly get hitched with Asteroid, Mr. Cogswell's daughter.
In order of appearance:
- The Moon
- Moon Institute of Technology (mentioned)
- Venus (mentioned)
- Venusian Megabucks Institute (mentioned)
- Flying cars
The music was composed and conducted by Hoyt Curtin.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: November 27, 1985 in syndication
Behind the scenes
- Elroy is absent for the first time.
- The Moon Institute of Technology is a parody of Massachusetts of Technology.
- Jane was supposed to have been young when she got married to George, but the flashback in "The Cosmic Courtship of George and Jane," showed both of them to look no different from their present day selves.
In other languages
- In the United States:
- November 11, 2011: Warner Archive Collection releases The Jetsons: Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD.
- October 13, 2020: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series (Hanna-Barbera Diamond Collection edition) on DVD.
- June 21, 2022: Warner Home Video releases The Jetsons: The Complete Series on DVD.