Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
|Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog|
|Production company:||Warner Bros. Animation|
|Distributor:||Warner Home Video|
|Release date:||September 14, 2021|
|Executive producer(s):||Sam Register|
|Music composed by:||Jody Gray|
|Screenplay by:||Mike Ryan|
Wes Gleason (voices)
|← Previous||Next →|
Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog is an American fantasy/supernatural comedy direct-to-video (DTV) film based on the respective TV series of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! in 1969 and Courage the Cowardly Dog in 1999. It was released by Warner Home Video on September 14, 2021. It was written by Mike Ryan, and produced and directed by Cecilia Aranovich. The film is the thirty-third installment in the Scooby-Doo 2-D animated direct-to-video film series.
Mystery Incorporated follows another mystery in the strange town of Nowhere, Kansas, where another timid, yet loyal dog lives, one Courage. Courage teams up with Mystery Inc. to uncover the appearance of a cicada swarm and other abnormal occurrences take place.
Eustace: Stupid meddling kids!
Fred: Hold the phone! There's a horrible, ugly monster driving that truck.
Muriel: Call him Eustace, dear.
Katz: And we would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling--.
Frau Glockenspiel: Hold it right there, Katz!
Katz: And we would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling--Ow, ow, ow!
Fred: I don't understand. What is happening?
Velma: His rubber mask is really stuck on there?
Daphne: It's so realistic.
Katz: That is because, I can assure you, mystery-solving kooks, that this is indeed my very own face.
Le Quack: And we would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you annoying, meddling teenagers.
In order of appearance:
- Velma's tablet (Kate Muccucci)
- Nowhere News newspaper
- El Sandwicho Extra Grande
- Courage Snacks
- Dark matter meteor
- Courage's computer (Jeff Bergman)
- The Mystery Machine
- Eustace's truck
The idea of a crossover between Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog expanded from being a potential episode for Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? In late 2019, TCM briefly had the film listed as Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog. Between then and June 22, 2021 when it was officially announced via Syfy Wire, miscellaneous crew people had added the film to their résumé.
It was copyrighted in 2021.
- "Game of Life" - Andy Sturmer
- "Straight Outta Nowhere" - Jeff Bergman
- "The Opposite of Fear is Fun" - Andy Sturmer
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: September 14, 2021 on DVD
Behind the scenes
- The film is a play on the song, album, and film Straight Outta Compton.
- Scooby and the gang and Courage previously met unofficially in bumpers during Cartoon Network's 2000 Scooby-Doo/Courage the Cowardly Dog Scare-a-Thon.
- Daphne says "Jeepers" four times.
- Shaggy says "Zoinks" thrice.
- Fred says "Hold the phone" twice.
- Velma says "Jinkies" five times.
- Scooby says "Ruh-roh" once.
- The Mystery Machine's license plate reads, "ZOINKS."
- The film is dedicated to Thea White, the voice of Muriel, who had died days before the film was released.
- This is also the final film Ken Spears and Joe Ruby were given their special thanks credits before they both died.
- Eustace says that the bread hurts his teeth, but he doesn't have any.
Marketing and promotion
In other languages
- In the United Kingdom:
- September 13, 2021: Warner Home Video releases Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog on DVD.
- In the United States:
- September 14, 2021: Warner Home Video releases Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog on DVD.
- Weiss, Josh (June 22, 2021). "Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog: Trailer for Epic Crossover Teams Up Pop Culture's Most Famous Canines". Syfy Wire. Retrieved June 24, 2021.