The Thing's the Play
From Hanna-Barbera WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|The Thing's the Play|
The Thing swings over to save Betty and Ferdinand Bestmore.
|Premiere date:||October 13, 1979|
|← Previous||Next →|
An old acting teacher kidnaps Betty after he confuses her for another actress he once taught, thinking he can recapture their former glory.
In order of appearance:
- Benjy's rings
- Ronald's car
Behind the scenes
- The episode title is a paraphrased quote of "The play's the thing", from William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- The school has a separate building just for the cafeteria.
- Bestmore also calls his school the Ferdinand Bestmore School of Acting.
- I know Kelly doesn't have any friends of her own, but her hanging out at her sister's school just to have lunch is too much. She has a cheek to complain about the food, despite the fact she probably shouldn't even be there?
- The fake cliff in the theater is way too big to realistically fit on the stage.
- It's unclear what snapped Bestmore out of it.
In other languages
- Warner Bros. own the show, while Disney own the characters, making it difficult to release this episode onto DVD.