Menace of the Mole Men
|Menace of the Mole Men|
Mole Man pushes a lever to trap the Fantastic Four beneath Subterranea.
|Premiere date:||September 9, 1967|
|Writers:||Phil Hahn and Jack Hanrahan|
|Directors:||William Hanna and Joseph Barbera|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Menace of the Mole Men" is the first episode of Fantastic Four season one. It aired on September 9, 1967 on ABC. It was produced and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, co-founders of Hanna-Barbera Productions.
While looking for an island to conduct Reed's experiments without disturbing their neighbors, the Fantastic Four are led to a remote island too good to be true by the Mole Man.
In order of appearance:
The score was composed by Ted Nichols.
Behind the scenes
- The Mole Man returns in the aptly named "Return of the Mole Man".
- When Johnny refers to the island as looking like the dark side of the moon, Reed's hair is blond.
- When Reed brings in Johnny, Susan's insignia is missing.
- When Susan points to the Mole Man, her insignia is missing.
In other languages
- Warner Bros. own the show, while Disney own the characters, making it difficult to release this episode onto DVD.