Dark Diner of Route 66!
|Dark Diner of Route 66!|
Born to be wild!
|Premiere date:||February 25, 2021|
Ian James Corlett
|Music composed by:||Peter Bateman|
Collette Sunderman (voices)
|← Previous||Next →|
"Dark Diner of Route 66!" is the twenty-third episode of Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? season two, and the forty-ninth overall. It aired on February 25, 2021 on Boomerang's SVOD service. It was written by Caroline Farah, produced by series creator, Chris Bailey, directed by Mike Milo, and voice directed by Collette Sunderman.
Shaggy and Scooby meet up with their old buddy and rocker, Axl Rose, along the famous Route 66, where they stumble on a mystery involving lost gold and mudmen.
Velma: Jinkies! It's...
Mystery Inc.: Singer-songwriter-musician and total rock god, Axl Rose!
In order of appearance:
- Mystery Incorporated
- Guns N' Roses (mentioned)
- Nothing of importance
The director, Mike Milo, believed it would be easier to get Axl Rose since he had already played an animated version of himself in the New Looney Tunes episode "Armaggeddon Outta Here, Part 2." The plot of the episode came from Rose's interest in archaeology and motorcycles.
Rose prefers to work late, wanting to get in at 11 PM, but Bailey, concerned about his staff being too tired, countered with a compromise of 9 PM.
It was copyrighted in 2020.
The theme song, entitled "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?," was written by Chris Bailey, and performed by David Poe. It was produced by Vivek Maddala. The episode's main music was performed by Peter Bateman and Sunna Wehrmeijer.
Dates are in order of release:
- United States: February 25, 2021 on the Boomerang video subscription on-demand service
- Australia: April 4, 2021 on Boomerang
- Canada: May 2, 2021 on Teletoon
- United Kingdom and Ireland: October 4, 2022 at 5 pm on Boomerang; March 14, 2023 at 4 pm on CITV
Behind the scenes
- With every episode's title card, one of the gang announces the guest star, which is Daphne this time.
- Miloville is named after the director of the episode, Mike Milo.
In other languages
- In the United States:
- June 28, 2022: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: The Complete Second Season on DVD.
- In Canada:
- December 6, 2022: Warner Home Video releases Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: The Complete Second Season on DVD.
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland:
- ^ a b Greene, Andy (February 25, 2021). "How ‘Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?’ Landed That Axl Rose Guest Spot". Rolling Stone. Retrieved April 28, 2021.