Shirt Tales (TV series)
- For the group themselves, see Shirt Tales.
First season title card.
|Original release:||September 25, 1982—November 5, 1983
|Executive producer(s):||William Hanna|
|Music composed by:||Hoyt Curtin|
Gordon Hunt (voices)
|Second title card|
Second season title card.
Shirt Tales is an American animated fantasy-comedy television series produced Hanna-Barbera for NBC's Saturday morning children's programming. It ran from 1982 to 1983, airing 23 episodes spanning two seasons. It was based on the Hallmark greeting cards created by Janet Elizabeth Manco in 1980.
Small anthropomorphic talking animals fight crime in Mid City. They are distinguished by their color-coded t-shirts, their only clothing, hence their group name of Shirt Tales. Although while at home in Oak Tree Park, they spend their personal time teasing the park custodian, Mr. Dinkel.
The entire series has been released on DVD.
- Ronnie Schell as Rick Raccoon
- Steve Schatzberg as Tyg Tiger
- Patricia Parris as Pammy Panda
- Bob Ogle (credited as Robert Allen Ogle) as Digger Mole
- Fred Travalena as Bogey Orangutan
- Nancy Cartwright as Kip Kangaroo
- Herbert Vigran as Mr. Dinkel
- William Herbson as the Commissioner