- For other uses, see Aloha, Scooby-Doo! (disambiguation).
I notice a theme emerging.
|Production company:||Warner Bros. Family Entertainment|
|Distributor:||Warner Home Video|
|Release date:||February 8, 2005|
|Executive producer(s):||Joseph Barbera|
|Producer(s):||Margaret M. Dean|
|Music composed by:||Tom Chase Jones|
|Screenplay by:||Temple Matthews|
|← Previous||Next →|
Aloha, Scooby-Doo! is a 2005 mystery horror-comedy direct-to-video film based on the What's New, Scooby-Doo? TV series in 2002. It was released by Warner Home Video through the Warner Bros. Family Entertainment label on February 8, 2005. It was written by Temple Matthews, and produced and directed by Tim Maltby. The film is the eighth installment in the Scooby-Doo direct-to-video film series, and the second to be based on the aforementioned What's New, Scooby-Doo?
The gang get an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii, thanks to Daphne's new fashion designs for Goha Aloha. But their vacation is cut short when they find the local surfing contest attacked by the vengeful Wiki-Tiki and its little tiki-minions.
Shaggy: Look, Scoob! I'm hanging ten!
Scooby: Shaggy, me, too!
Shaggy: Oh, man! Like, you're hanging twenty!
In order of appearance:
Thomas Chase Jones composed the music.
Behind the scenes
- Despite being released in 2005, it has a copyright of 2004.
- This is the first DTV in which The Mystery Machine is absent, although the rental they drive is in the same colors.
- Fred's middle name is revealed to be Herman.
- Julian Libris from the What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode "The San Franpsycho", can be seen in one scene riding his tour bike, leaving Hanahuna.
- Two of the tourists buying from Jared Moon resemble Fritz and Helga from the What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode "She Sees Sea Monster by the Sea Shore", but the former has gray hair instead of black and the latter isn't wearing her glasses.
- The skeleton that Shaggy and Scooby see in the Wiki Tiki's lair has the same clothing as Gilligan from the TV series Gilligan's Island.
- One of the policemen who arrests Manu resembles Jack Lord, who starred in the TV series Hawaii Five-O.
- The first shot of one of the tourists telling Ruben why it's a good time to leave, the writing on the left side of Laluna Real Estate is backwards.
- The large boulders that knock the Wiki-Tiki down during the scene where Shaggy and Scooby act as bait suddenly disappear.
- During the scene where Fred, Daphne and Velma supposedly knock the Wiki-Tiki down into the lava, as they approach Shaggy and Scooby, Scooby has two heads for a few frames.
- Fred doesn't know how to land his hang glider, despite entering in a hang gliding contest in the The Scooby-Doo Show episode "Hang in There, Scooby-Doo".
- It's really dangerous to just go hang gliding without wearing the safety gear first.
- Shaggy doesn't know what poi is, despite eating it in the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode "A Tiki Scare is No Fair".
- Auntie's Place doesn't seem to have anything to do with Auntie Mahina. It may relate to an Auntie Jade at one of the poi joint as the refrigerator has a child's drawing to Auntie Jade. Either that or there's three different "aunties."
- The refrigerator also has a drawing with Dylan signed on it, but it's unknown if it has any connection to Dylan's Fix It Shop.
- Ruben's company is called Laluna Real Estate, Laluna Realties, and Laluna Realty.
- When the Wiki-Tiki jumps toward the gang after they attempt to follow Snookie, Shaggy is missing right before Fred says "or not".
- Frank Welker is credited as interviewer, who appeared on the short, An Evening with the Scooby-Doo Gang, which was included as a bonus feature on the Aloha, Scooby-Doo! DVD.
Marketing and promotion
In other languages
|Greek||Ο Scooby-Doo! στη Χαβάη||Scooby-Doo! in Hawaii|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Oi, Scooby-Doo||Hi, Scooby-Doo|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Bem Vindo, Scooby-Doo!||Welcome, Scooby-Doo!|
|Russian||Привет, Скуби-Ду||Hello, Scooby-Doo!|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Aloha, Scooby-Doo! (DVD)
Hola, Scooby-Doo! (movie)
|Spanish (Spain)||Hola, Scooby-Doo!||Hello, Scooby-Doo!|